Saturday, October 05, 2013

Bedroom Switcharoo


Day 5
Over the course of the year and a half that we have lived in our current home, there is one regret that I have; not putting my girls in a shared bedroom and making the other room into the playroom. 

Let me tell you why.  Every single night, even if they start out in their own rooms, they end up in the same bed sometime during the night. (You can see more about A's colorful room here and K's pink Parisian room here). We finally got to the point where we would just let them go to bed together, but, really, they are too big to comfortably fit in the same little twin-sized bed.  But they do it anyway.  Attached at the hip and all that.   


So, we are saying sayonara to separate bedrooms.  No more colorful room full of whimsy. 


Au revoir to the pretty pink Parisian room.  

We will make one room a shared bedroom, and one room a play room.  I think it will work out much better for us that for the time being.  

Of course, I have to do this on a budget, so I will be using elements of both rooms to make up completely new spaces.  We are going use as much of the preexisting furniture and decor as possible.  

I want to have this bed built:
You can find the plan for this loft bed here.

But for now we will use the daybed and the other bed will slide out trundle style.  

I have already started clearing one of the rooms so I can get busy on doing the switcharoo.  I am still right in the middle of rearranging my kitchen cabinets as well. 

So far, this 31 day challenge has been, well, challenging.  But it is forcing me to get some things done that I've wanted to do for a while. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...