Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Breakfast Scramble

Day 29 of 31 Days of Revising Home: Revising Myself

Today is day seven for me!  No sodas and eating clean: No breads, processed foods, sugars (other than all natural like honey or fruits and only in limited quatities) rice, or white potatoes.  

That means no grabbing a Pop Tart for breakfast. Or smothering a piece of toast with Nutella.  No pre-packaged muffins or pancakes or waffles. No sugary cereals.  

I had to come up with something I could eat.  And a plain egg with turkey bacon everyday wasn't that appealing to me.  I wanted flavor. I wanted a healthy breakfast I would look forward to.

A couple of weeks ago, before I started my journey to health, I popped into Subway for breakfast before heading out for the day.  It took me a couple of minutes debating what kind of bread I wanted; a flatbread or the regular wheat bread I usually get.   The lady who worked there said, "Well, you're not watching your calories are you?"  Gees, lady. Was it that obvious?  

I went for the flatbread. 

The sandwich was delicious.  It had egg white, ham, green bell pepper, onion, and southwest sauce.  I decided on day one of my weight loss journey I would try to recreate the flavors of that sandwich into a dish I could eat guilt free.    

This has been the typical breakfast for me virtually everyday. It is so yummy and healthy, too!

Turkey Pepper Egg Scramble (because I am terrible at making omelets)

1. Start with dicing one green onion, some red and green bell pepper, and some all natural, no preservatives added turkey lunch meat. 


2. Saute vegetables in a skillet with a drizzle of olive oil.  


3. Add the turkey. 


4. Then add two eggs. Scramble.


5. Top with a little cheese and enjoy. 

Guys, it is so yummy!  I have also done a spinach variation.  I saute fresh baby spinach with a green onion and a little fresh garlic in olive oil. Then I add eggs and top with a little cheese. 

I have also been taking living multi-vitamins.  In The Maker's Diet, which I am following for the most part, the author Jordan Rubin recommends these two types of vitamins for the overall health benefits. I found them at the health food store.  



And look what I found at the supermarket!  Skinny Girl Organic Stevia.  I use the all natural calorie-free sweetener in my one cup of coffee in the morning.  So good!


So that has been my typical breakfast this past week.  It does take a little more prep time in the mornings, but it is worth it.  

So, how are you all doing on your journeys toward health?  How has it been going since last week?  You all have been in my prayers and I have been so thankful for yours!

I am looking forward to tomorrow for the very first Weigh-In Wednesday!  I can't wait to share with you the progress during week one!  




2 comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...