Thursday, October 03, 2013

31 Days of Revising Home Day 3



Kitchen Solution: Under the Sink
Hi, guys!  Welcome to day three of Revising Home, a thirty-one day writing challenge hosted by The Nester.  You can learn more about this challenge and see the links to previous posts here

As I shared yesterday, my kitchen cabinets had a lot to be desired, and with a little help from my hubby, we got the "under the sink" cabinet squared away. 


Here's what we started with:


We cleaned out the cabinet. There were some yucky water stains that I couldn't wait to cover up. 

After a good wipe down, J and I added a grey and white Greek key design contact paper to the bottom of the cabinet.  It already looks tons better.  Just in case you are wondering, the cute contact paper came from Dollar General.  They also had a herringbone and houndstooth.  Dollar stores often surprise me with the items they carry.  Amazon also has lots of cute contact paper to choose from. I plan on using some from Amazon on an upcoming project. 

We added metal drawers that pull out for easy access to cleaning products. I have everything organized according to how my kitchen is laid out. For example, my dish washer is right beside this cabinet and my trash can is on the right side of the kitchen, so dishwasher detergent and trash bags are on the right. 



While this wasn't a huge project, it feels great to get one step closer to a revised home.  Now to get started on the rest of the kitchen!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...