Monday, October 07, 2013

31 Days of Revising Home: Day 7

Kitchen Solution #2
If you have been following my 31 Days series, you will recall on Day 2 when I shared organization issues that I have in my kitchen and how I want to fix them. 

We've already tackled the cabinet under the kitchen sink. And today, I am sharing another solution to my disorganized kitchen.  

We started with this:
My glasses and dinner plates were located in the cabinet above my pull-out pantry drawers.  I thought it would make more sense to relocate the dishes and glasses to the Bulter's Pantry and make the entire cabinet there a pantry.  Right now food items and dishes have been a little spread out.  I wanted a more cohesive flow. 

You can check out our kitchen remodel for before and after photos, including how the butler pantry looked when we first moved in.




Our dinner plates and glasses now have a home together in the Butler's Pantry area where they are easy to access.



We use this area as a coffee station.  I corralled all of our coffee items onto a white tray to keep everything at our fingertips. Our most used coffee mugs are just on the shelf above the coffee pot, and all other coffee items like a bean grinder, extra bags of coffee and coffee cups, and coffee filters are in the drawer directly below. 

This area is also used when we have company to serve all of our beverages.  It is a nice out-of-the-way place to tuck a bowl of ice, cups, and sodas, teas, or lemonade our guests can help themselves to. 



I already am liking the location of the dishes and it makes me smile to know that I am one step closer to a revised home.  I hope to have the rest of the kitchen done by the end of this week. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...