Thursday, October 17, 2013

Fall Decor

31 Days of Revising Home: Day 17

***Updated***

Whew! Guys, it has been a morning!  Sorry about getting this post up late, but I have been having some computer issues. But I think I finally have most of the glitches worked out.  I wasn't able to share all the photos I wanted so I will try to post them later as an update to this post. 

So, continuing on with revising home through seasonal decor, I wanted to share how I have decorated for fall in my kitchen and living room.  These are all simple touches that can make a big impact. 

We'll start in the kitchen:

I added gold, white, and brown accents to my white dishes that are housed on my open shelves.  I didn't go overboard with it. I added just enough to give the fall feel.









In the Living Room:

Here again, I added just small touches: pumpkins on top of stacks of books, and a dough bowl full of pumpkins and gourds on the middle shelf.  

The wire basket on the shelf above houses all of our seasonal movies.  And it isn't fall until you watch It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. We watched it a couple of nights ago, so I can say it is officially fall. 




I love this dough bowl.  My in-laws gave it to me for Christmas when J and I first got married and it has been a great decor staple. I like to add seasonal decor to it especially in the fall and at Christmas. 

And I couldn't show you these pics of the living room without mentioning my most recent flea market acquisition.....my old ladder.  I am using it to hang throw blankets. It fills up the space nicely and I like that it looks a little beat up.  That gives it character.  

I would have to say my design style is pretty eclectic.  I love old, rustic items but I love them even more paired with new, modern pieces.  Bringing those together, especially during the holidays, can make for an interesting process  for me.  What is your design style?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...