Wednesday, December 03, 2014

DIY Snowglobe Jars



This year, when decorating for Christmas, I have used a lot of bottle brush trees, especially in my living room.  I really wanted a vintage vibe, and I feel that using the mini trees accomplishes just that. To display on shelves in my living room and foyer, I made lots of mini snowglobe jars using salt and bottle brush trees. All of the apothecary jars were some I found at thrift stores. (I love finding that kind of stuff on the cheap!)



The red house was a score from TJ Maxx. It even lights up. I nestled it into a large lidded jar that I found at Wal-Mart years ago. (They still sell them.) In the rest of my jars, I added salt for snow and placed trees of the appropriate size into each jar. 








I think that this Christmas tree shaped jar is my favorite. I found it at a local flea market for $0.78. Yes. You read that right. It was only $0.78 and it was filled with vintage glass ornaments. You can't beat that. I snatched it up immediately. STEAL!


I'm also displaying this guy on shelves in my dining room. (You can see this post on how I made it last year.) It held up well from last year.  (Can you believe I found this jar at a thrift store last year for $0.25?)

These DIY waterless snowglobe jars are super easy to make AND they are inexpensive as well. Make a few of them for a display with big impact!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...