Monday, December 08, 2014

DIY Jar Lid Ornaments

I hope you had a wonderful weekend!  Ours was filled with birthday parties, Christmas celebrations, and decorating for the holidays (still getting the finishing touches up).

I have just a couple more crafts/DIYs for you this week before I start my virtual home tour series. I will be featuring my Christmas home tour, as well as homes of friends. I love to see the different styles and ways of decorating of each person! So, stay tuned this week and next week for beautiful Christmas home tours.

DIY Jar Lid Ornaments

These jar lid ornaments are so versatile in the potential they posses. There are limitless possibilities, your imagination being the fuel to make them happen!  I opted for snowmen and snowflakes.  But, you could easily make punched "tin" ornaments, monograms, santa faces.....so many options! Also, this craft is wonderful for children! A great way to let them use their imagination!

I had jar lids on hand from when I used to own a bath and body store, but if you can't find lids with rims, you could just as easily use mason jar flats. All I needed was some white paint and glitter, buttons, fabric scraps, and hot glue to make the snowman face. I used a small stamp to make the snowflakes, and lined the rim with white ric rac. 



I think my theme for crafts this year has been "easy," and this craft is no exception. And they really show up well on the tree! So pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...