Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Christmas Home Tour 2014 Part 2

Welcome to Part 2 of my Christmas Home Tour. (You can see Part 1 HERE.)We're in the living room today and I am soooo excited to show you. It is probably my favorite area in my home right now. My Christmas decorations turned out just how I wanted them and it just feels so cozy and warm. 

If you've been reading Cultivate Create, you may notice some updates to this room since last I shared about our living room-dining room switcharoo and the last update I gave on this room. I still stand by my decision to flip flop the two rooms......more so now than ever. It works for us and flow so much better now. 


I really wanted kind of a vintage Christmas vibe in here. I decided to use red, blue, and lime green and lots of bottle brush trees and DIY snowglobe jars. I'm glad I went in that direction because I love it!  Oh, and see my gold polka dot wall? I really love that! The polka-dots are vinyl and easily peel off and can be re-stuck. (Is that even a word? Let's just go with it.) No big deal if I get tired of it and want to change things up. (Sources: sofa, chairs, coffee table and side tables--P.S. Faulk, rug--Target, gold lamps--TJ Maxx, gold vinyl polka-dots-- Jane.com, various pillow covers--Target, Jane.com, and Old Time Pottery, and diyed by me!)




You can't have a holiday party without a Yule Log, right? 


In most of my frames in our entertainment center, I framed Christmas cards from years past. I picked the ones that had reds, blues, and greens to coordinate with my tree. 



Our elf, Chippy, got himself stuck in my blue vase that I scored at The Confetti Crate in Troy, Alabama. Silly elf. (Actually, my hubby had elf duty the night before and that is where he decided to put him.)












I used lots of paper fan ornaments on this tree this year. 


These blue ornaments came from Wal-Mart. They looked vintage to me, so I snatched them up!




I was able to use these stockings once again this year. They are some I sewed a few years ago. (Don't look too closely. They are far from perfect. I am not much of a seamstress.) I hung them on this antique wooden ladder where I usually keep blankets throughout the rest of the year. 


Fresh greenery makes the room so cheery!






I love mixing the textures of my pillows. The fuzzy pillows match our tree skirt. 







I found the polka-dot and aztec print papers at HomeGoods last year on the day after Christmas. 


That's all for my home tour this year!  Don't forget to come back tomorrow for a new Home Tour!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...