Friday, December 05, 2014

Coffee Filter Snowballs




I absolutely love these big white poofs! I stayed very neutral in my Christmas decor in my dining room/kitchen area, using golds, silvers, and whites. (Partly because of my very loud green walls.)  When I was decorating these shelves, I originally want to make a coffee filter snowball garland. But as I started making the snowballs, I saw that they were a lot larger than I had intended, so I decided to sit them directly on the shelves. (And, in case you missed it, you can see how to make the ornament wreath here.) This is, once again, a very simple craft that doesn't take a lot of time. 

Gather your supplies:
Small styrofoam balls
Small coffee filters 
Hot glue gun and glue
Ribbon if you want to add a loop to be able to hang them



Start by folding your filter in half.


Then, fold in half again. You might want to put a small dot of hot glue in this fold to hold in place. 


Next, begin gluing to the styrofoam ball in a row, overlapping as you go. 


Once you get a whole row hot glued, then begin filling in around the rest of the ball. Add a loop of ribbon at this stage if you want to be able to hang the snowballs. And there you have it! Another easy Christmas craft! I really love how they look!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...