Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Paper Fan Ornaments

I haven't used red and green in my Christmas decorating for the past two years, favoring gold and silver. This year, I just couldn't stand it anymore. I HAD to bring red and green back, but I opted to add in some blues as well. In my mind, I envisioned a tree with a vintage flair.....and adding the blue gave me the look I was going for. But the real stars of this tree are the paper fan ornaments that with just a little modification, made all the difference. 




Gather your supplies:

*Paper fans (I found mine at Wal-Mart in the party supply section.)
*Stickers or embellishments
*Paper
*Glue
*Glitter

In order to specialize these generic paper fans for my tree, I cut circles out of white paper. Then I added glitter to the edges of the circle and embellished with a sticker in the center. Lastly, I affixed it to the center of the fan. Easy peasy.   




I realize paper fans are a little unconventional for a tree ornament, but I really love the bold impact they give! 

I truly hope you have an amazing Thanksgiving! I'm signing off until next Monday, taking time to spend with family and friends, and perhaps to shop a bit. Monday, there's more Christmas DIY and crafts that I can't wait to show you. See you then!

Linking up to:
Creative Spark Link Party

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...