Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Let's Gather: Thanksgiving Blog Hop




Hello! I am so glad that you stopped by today!  Welcome to Cultivate Create, Stop 1 on the Let's Gather Thanksgiving Blog Hop! I am super excited to be hosting this hop along with HollyDays Paper, Designs by Miss Mandee, Our Joy His Glory, Nikki's Nacs, and Little Brags. These ladies are all amazingly talented and have some wonderful Thanksgiving inspiration to share with us today. 


Tablescape:

I decided to do a Thanksgiving tablescape. I love to set a pretty table! It makes things so festive and special. I carried some of the elements of my fall dining room into this Thanksgiving set up, such as the dried hydrangeas, and gold and natural pumpkins. I always like to do that, using some of the same items throughout the season, but changing things up a a little as it progresses. I added in a cornucopia and more gold elements to this centerpiece. Plaid fabric pulls in all of the colors of the hydrangeas and pumpkins.  I used wooden stackable files to contain the centerpiece. 




My two favorite things about this tablescape? 1.) My wooden plate chargers I had cut by a local cabinet maker. I painted them black to give visual interest under the white plates. 


2.) The metal gift tags I used to tie the napkins. Instead of assigning seats and listing names here, I decided to hand write sentiments of the holiday. 














This wooden gather sign was meant to sit on a flat surface, but I wanted to put it in the center of my dried hydrangea wreath. I drilled a hole in the top of the sign so I could attach it to the wreath with ribbon. I hung the wreath on the mirror with plaid fabric. 











Kid Craft:

I love involving the kiddos in some of the decorating!  This pumpkin turkey is just the thing for the kids. (We made this turkey for a pumpkin decorating contest for my daughter's third grade class. But now that that is over, it is the perfect kid table decoration!)

Supplies needed:
Pumpkin
Paint
Yarn
Felt
Scrapbook paper
Googly eyes
Hot glue gun and glue.

How-to:
1. Paint pumpkin brown.
2. Cut large feathers out of scrapbook paper. Fold paper feathers in half to crease them.
3. Turn pumpkin on side and glue paper feathers to back. 
4. Glue yarn ball for face to front of pumpkin.
5. Add a beak, eyes, and a wattle made of felt. ( Yes, that red thing that hangs down from a turkey's neck is called a wattle.)
6. Enjoy your turkey!

Also, how adorable would it be to decorate your pumpkin as a pilgrim? So many possibilites!


Now head over to HollyDays Paper for Stop 2 of the Blog Hop for more Thanksgiving inspiration!



Don't miss a stop! There's heaps of Thanksgiving inspiration to go around!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...