Thursday, September 25, 2014

Fall Dining Room (Update)


If you've been following along, you know that recently, we went on a huge rearranging spree at our house and switched the dining room and living room. We were hoping for a better use of space, and a better fit for our recently purchased furniture. I couldn't be happier with the progress so far. We do use both rooms more now, and it feels cozier and homier already. 

Here's a look back on the progression of this room.....


After painting over the peach walls, we still had to replace the worn carpet.  It made a huge difference once we did. 


This past Christmas, this is what the room looked like. After having been in our home for a year and a half, and making numerous updates, this room still felt cold.  Not quite right. I am so glad we decided to make this our dining room. 


Here is what this room looks like currently, albeit unfinished. It is such a better use of space for us. We have had friends and family over a couple of times since we made the swap, and I have loved having space for everyone to sit. And this being right off of the kitchen has made it more convenient. I took the navy curtains out and put the curtains that were in what is now the living room in here. 





I used a lot of natural hues in this year's fall decorating. And I had to include the hydrangeas that I dried a few weeks ago. This arrangement is contained in two wooden office trays. (Source list for all decor at bottom of post.)
















I am really loving our light fixture! There was an off-centered ceiling fan there. We had to swag the light over for it to be centered above the table. 









For above the buffet, I made another hydrangea wreath like the one I did for the front door. This one is smaller, but it makes big impact in the room. 





Here, I used a white pumpkin as a plate pedestal just to give it a little fall interest and variation in height. 





We still have few things to do in this space to make it cohesive and finished out.  Here are my plans:




The current "sitting area."  This room is large enough for a full-fledged couch or loveseat. Eventually, we will fully furnish this room. But, I have to be patient. 


I really like my off-kilter plate wall above my little bar cart. I will have to re-do this as well, since I am taking the navy elements out of the room. I will have to figure out a way to do something cute and funky here without so many contrasting colors. 




Sources:
Table centerpiece
Wooden trays, thrift store
Grapevine spheres, (both natural and gold) Pier 1
Natural gourds and pumpkins, Hobby Lobby
White pumpkin picks, Hobby Lobby
Dried hydrangeas, ones I dried a few weeks ago
Wood bottom hurricanes, TJ Maxx
Dining table, made by my two of my best friend's dad
Black chairs, Target
White parsons chairs, Craigslist
Light fixture, Lowe's

Buffet:
Black Buffet, antique
White mirror, TJ Maxx
Mercury Glass Gourd Lamps, TJ Maxx
Three Tier Server, Willow House
Monogram white coffee cups, Anthropologie
White square plates, Pier 1
Napkins, Target


Linking up to:

 photo WYWW1_zps9fe7dbe8.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...