Friday, September 26, 2014

Get Fit Friday: 100 Mile Challenge

//VIA Color Vibe//
The above statement is my motto, my creed. A friend posted it on Facebook a few days ago and it immediately struck a chord with me. I often feel like I am battling myself, that I am fighting against two versions of me. I guess I am; the old me and the me I am becoming. Sometimes the old me rears her ugly head and she wins. She is ruthless. She is cunning. She knows exactly how to manipulate the new me into her way of thinking. It is a constant battle. BUT.....she may have won a few of those battles, but she will not win the war. 

Now that I've started this post on a bit of a schizophrenic note, let me just warn you. It's gonna be one of "those" posts where you will see kind of how my mind works. So, last night as I was preparing for this post while watching The Biggest Loser, I started trying to think of ways to keep myself motivated. I immediately thought that if I could have some way of visually tracking progress, that it would help. 

I decided to make a chart with one hundred boxes that represent miles. As I walk (or run) miles, I get to cross the box off. When I reach the one hundred mile mark, I will treat myself. I'm not sure what that treat will be yet. I need to decide so that I have something to look forward to. I thought about a mani/pedi, a facial, new clothes.  I don't know. What do you think would be a good motivating reward? 

If you want to join me on the 100 Mile Challenge, print your own copy and track your progress. As you complete it, upload a photo to my Facebook page and share! I want to celebrate with you! For personal use only. You can download the file HERE.
As I was making up my little printable chart, I kept singing in my head, "And I would walk a hundred miles, and I would walk a hundred more..." I know the song technically says five hundred, but, nonetheless, that was what was stuck in my head.  So here it is for you to get  stuck in your head enjoy. You're welcome.




Then, Rob Schneider's voice kept ringing out in the back of my head, "You can do it!" Thanks, Rob, for perpetually giving me that little bit of encouragement in the back of my head ever since I saw Waterboy.  (In a Cajun accent. Over and over again.) 



Anyway, Cajun Man and I both say, "You can do it!"  If you decide to take the 100 Mile Challenge, please let me know. I would love to know that I have someone hustling along, too. Next week, I will update you on how many miles I got to cross off. Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...