Monday, December 16, 2013

DIY Waterless Snow Globe

Have you seen all of the adorable waterless snow globes with the cute little bottle brush trees?  I have been crushing on them since last year and I wanted to make my own this year.  


About three or four months ago, I spied this jar at a thrift store for .25.  I had never seen a jar with a flat bottom that was also round on top like a snow globe. I snatched it up knowing exactly what I was going to make with it. I grabbed the bottle brush tree for .97 at Wal-Mart.  I used gold spray that I already had to paint the jar lid, and added Epsom salts as the snow (that we already had on hand as well).  It cost me less than $1.25 to make this craft. That makes me very happy....I'm all about making beautiful things for little money. 



After I finished it, the little dome got a new home in my foyer. It's a small touch, but helps make the room festive, along with the other small touches such as a fresh greenery swag and two small, gold Christmas trees. 



I have also seen these snow globes made from mason jars and lidded glass jars like the ones sugar and flour can be stored in. 

Have you attempted your own snow globe this year?  



Have you "liked" us on Facebook yet?  If not, do so now and be entered to win these holiday goodies.  More details here


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...