Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Weigh-In Wednesday #6

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  We ended up staying home due to having the stomach bug, but we made the most of it.  

I injured my knees last week running.  I have two pairs of the same shoe, one in a size larger than the other.  I've been running in the smaller size and that has been fine, but it does rub my toes a bit.  I decided to try running in the larger size to see if they would be better.  I didn't get very far into my run before my knees starting hurting really badly, especially the left knee.  I pushed myself to run a bit more, then had to stop and change shoes.  The larger size was causing my feet to slip in my shoe, therefore, my knees were overcompensating.  After changing shoes, I walked the rest of they way. It was just too painful to run.  



My knees only got worse over the next few days.  It was so painful. They hurt constantly.  I haven't been to the doctor yet. I have taken it easy and rested my knees and they are better, but they are still a bit tender.  I looked up my symptoms online and I think I have Runner's Knee.  Boo.  If that is what is wrong, then best case scenario, I can heal with rest, compression, ice packs, and a little time. Worst case scenario is surgery.  

Anywho, I am a bit disappointed because I really do enjoy running.  I am frustrated that I can't do what I want to do fitness wise.  Hopefully, when I get some more weight off, and figure out the proper shoe, I can get back to running again.  

I haven't exercised since that night.  Between my knees, and the stomach bug, and Thanksgiving, I haven't been able to.  I plan to walk this week if the weather will cooperate.



Here is a snippet of the playlist I listen to when walking/running.  Most are instrumental.  I helps me to keep my pace up if I listen to upbeat music. I didn't include it in the list, but I usually start with Dubstep around 115 BPM (beats per minute) and on my playlist I have the songs in order according to increasing BPMs, ending at around 148 BPM.  

Running/Walking Playlist
1. Derezzed- Daft Punk  on the Tron soundtrack
2. End of Line (Remix) on the Tron soundtrack
3.Time- Space Time Continuum (Spiral Galaxy Mix)
4. The Paradigm- Capital Kings
5. Manifesto- The City Harmonic
6. Supermassive BlackHole- Muse
7. Spotlight- MuteMath

Today's weight loss: None. My weight stayed the same.
Probably because I haven't been able to exercise and Thanksgiving.  (I didn't overindulge like I would've in the past.  I was very happy about that.  Not eating junk in so long, I really don't crave it like I did.  Just a little bit does the trick.)

So, total weight loss in 6 weeks is 19 pounds.  



Although, I am frustrated about the setback, I am going to keep trucking along.  I feel like a different person already, in these six short weeks.  I'm not going to give up.  I am going to keep moving forward, keep getting healthier.  I am going to continue becoming the best me I can be. 


*To view the post that started the weight-loss journey, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...