Tuesday, December 17, 2013

DIY Evergreen Christmas Swags

I luuurve fresh greenery at Christmas time!  It is timeless and classic, and it never goes out of style.  

This year, instead of hanging wreaths on the front of my home, I decided to hang fresh swags. Here's how to make them:


1. Pile your husband's truck high with fresh greenery. 
If you don't have trees in your yard that you can clip, maybe a neighbor or family member does. Ask around.  I have a couple magnolia trees in the back yard but I make a trek to my Memaw's home every year for fresh pine and cedar. My Granny has a huge Magnolia tree, and when I can't get quite enough off of my small trees, I head to her house. 


2. Gather branches together to form swag.
I try to make sure the swag is full and contains varying texture.  Here, I put the pine in the back and added the cedar to the front.  Then, I added a sprig of red berries. 

3. Tie with craft or floral wire. 

4. Add a bow and hang.  
You can't go wrong with classic red.  I used velvet ribbon that I got on sale for 75% off last year after Christmas. 



I am pleased how my holiday swags turned out....simple and classic. 



Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget