Thursday, December 19, 2013

Yummy Strawberry Balls

When I was a little girl, I loved Strawberry Shortcake, the cartoon, and anything that tasted like strawberries.  Knowing that, my Memaw used to make strawberry balls for special occasions and I have always loved them. 

I honestly have never seen anyone else make this recipe. My Memaw is the only person who ever made it when I was growing up.  I even looked on Pinterest to see if I could find it, but I didn't. 

Now that I'm all grown up , I like to make Strawberry Balls for Christmas. And while I was making these delicious bites for neighbors (yes, they are coming, guys) I decided to share the recipe with you. While I don't plan making a habit of sharing sugary sweets on my blog, I thought Christmastime would be a good exception to the rule.  They really are one of my favorite special occasion treats....they are sweet and sour and unlike anything else I've ever tasted. You have to try these!


Strawberry Balls: 

Ingredients:
1 box confectioners sugar
2 cups chopped pecans
2 large boxes and 1 small box of strawberry Jell-O
1 cup of coconut
1 can of Eagle Brand milk


1. Mix sugar, milk, and 2 large boxes of Jell-O together.


2. Then mix in pecans and coconut. 

3. Put in refrigerator until firm.


4. Remove from refrigerator and roll into balls.


5. Then roll the balls into the third box of Jell-O to coat.


My ball-rolling skills seem to be a little lacking, but that won't make them taste anything less than absolutely delicious.






Strawberry Balls Recipe:
1 box confectioners sugar
2 cups chopped pecans
2 large boxes and 1 small box of strawberry Jell-O
1 cup of coconut
1 can of Eagle Brand milk

*Mix sugar, milk, and 2 large boxes of Jell-O together.  Then mix in pecans and coconut.  Put in refrigerator until firm.  Remove from refrigerator and roll into balls. Then roll the balls into the third box of Jell-O to coat. 

Hope you enjoy!

**Be sure to stop by tomorrow for my Holiday Home Tour 2013!



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...