Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Weigh-In Wednesday #8

I went to a Zumba class this week for the first time in months.  I had so much fun!  It was Tacky Christmas sock night.  There's nothing like wearing a pair of festive Christmas socks during a high-intensity aerobics class.  I wonder if wearing tacky socks somehow magically made me burn more calories? Hmmmm.


For a long time, when going to aerobics classes, even though I enjoy them immensely, there was always that niggling thought in my head; You are easily the biggest person here. You jiggle too much to be doing this. You look ridiculous!  Well, I do look ridiculous, but this week I came to the realization that I just don't care anymore about those things I have to move it to lose it, right?  

Who cares if I am the largest one in the class?  You won't be for long

So what if I jiggle like Bill Cosby's Jello?  The more jiggling, the more calories burned. 

Big whoop that I look ridiculous!  All that matters is that you're doing it!

I mentioned last week that I was going to the doctor about my knee.  The good doctor told me my alignment was fine, (no pronated ankles or anything like that). He said I had a common repetitive motion knee injury and that I should wait one month before running again.  I modified my movements at Zumba in order to not re-injure my knee.  My knees didn't bother me the next day, and I was sore in a good way in the right places so that let me know I still was able to get a good workout in.  

And, as of yesterday, I tried a pair of jeans that were a size smaller than what I have been wearing that were hanging unused and lonely in my closet.
They fit! I am officially down a size! Whoop Whoop! And it was time.  My jeans have been falling off of me for a couple weeks now.      

This week's weigh-in:  
I have lost one more pound!  Current weight is 281lbs.  Starting weight was 304lbs.  I've lost a total of 23lbs in 8 weeks. Slow and steady wins the race!

Next Wednesday is Christmas Day, so I will not be doing Weigh-In Wednesday.  I will check back in the following week. I hope you all have an amazing Christmas and a very happy new year!



*Don't forget to like us on Facebook to be entered to win these Christmas goodies.  The drawing is today!  



You can read the first post in my journey to being healthy here. Also contains links to all other Weigh-In Wednesdays.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...