Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Weigh-In Wednesday #9

Happy New Year, everyone!  New year, new start.  I love the fresh slate and renewed focus each new year brings.    Today, I am ready for a fresh start with my eating.  Over the last week and a half, we have had five Christmas "get-togethers," a birthday dinner (why yes, I'm 29 again!), and a New Year's bash, all of which boasted lots of fattening, calorie dense foods.  

Let's go ahead and get the weigh-in over with!

I didn't gain a thing!  I stayed the same weight, even through all those Christmas goodies. 
Total weight loss is 23 lbs!  I was extremely happy with maintaining through the holidays since I haven't worked out and have eaten things that I haven't in two months.  

I think the reason I was able to maintain is that I didn't just say, "Forget eating healthy. I'm gonna eat whatever I want this week!"  I allowed myself those foods at gatherings, was choosy about what treats I had, didn't gorge myself out on those foods, and I tried to make all the meals in between healthy.  I am beyond thankful that I didn't gain the average ten pounds that Americans gain during the holidays. 

Even so, I still feel yucky.  Eating those foods I haven't been used to in a while just makes me feel kind of weighed down and lethargic.  So, I decided to start a seven day cleanse this week  to rid the toxins from my body. 

 Here is the one I am trying out:

source

I started this cleanse this morning.  So far,  I have only eaten an orange and a handful of blueberries.  I can already tell this is going to be hard.  But, it's only a week so I  think I can handle it.  It will be worth it to feel better.  I've never done a cleanse like this, so I'm not really sure how it will go.  


Since it is the new year, I decided to set some fitness goals for myself.  Here they are:
1. Participate in at least five 5k runs this year. (Can't wait to break in those new running shoes!)
2. Continue Boot Camp classes so I will get stronger.  I want to be able to knock out those fifty push-ups and all the other exercises with no problem!
3. Push myself out of my comfort zone. I want to do something I've never done before.  (Not sure what that is yet, but I am on the lookout for it)
4.  Be more active with my husband and children. 
5.  Make my health and fitness a priority.  

What about you guys?  Do you have any health or fitness goals for 2014?  Do you have a cleanse diet that has worked for you in the past?  I would love to hear about it.  I'm always on the lookout for new knowledge when it comes to health and fitness.   


I'm all smiles about the new year for the first time in a few years.  I finally feel like I'm out of the rut I was in for so long.  I am looking forward to the possibilities of this new year.  Bring it on, 2014!  Bring it on! (I'm gonna go eat an apple now.)

To view the post that started my weight loss journey, click here


2 comments:

  1. I have a friend that has done this cleanse several times. I still haven't decided what I am going to do, but I am for sure going to do something. I feel like poo because of all of the junk I have eaten over the last several weeks. I may just do smoothies, and lots of salad and protein. I'm not going to decide until tomorrow. You are off to a great start for the year. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...