Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Decor Dilemma: Lamps

So, I am having a bit of a dilemma.  And I need your help.  I have been indecisive about these lamps for months now.  It's time to figure this out. 




I found these lamps at thrift store for only $5 each.  They are vintage, heavy brass.  I loved the shape of them and the fact that they are gold.  They only shades I could find for them were these slightly tapered, cream ones from Lowe's.  I wasn't quite sold on them yet in this space. 



Then, I added some faux bois fabric in turquoise and the mirrors behind them. Better. But I'm still not quite sure they work here.  


I have thought about spray painting them and moving them onto the buffet in the dining room or our master bedroom.  With different lamp shades, of course.  But I haven't been able to bring myself to paint them.  I really love the mirrors in this location and have debated getting slightly shorter lamps like this one:

via \\ Z Gallerie
 Or this one:

via \\ Target

Or this one: 

via \\ Target
I know that I want to keep the brass lamps and use them somewhere. 

Should I leave them be?

Should I paint them and use them elsewhere and buy different lamps for the living room?  

What do you guys think?  



Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget