Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Weigh-In Wednesday #11

I'm sitting here, not really knowing what I want to say.  These past twelve weeks have been awesome. Let me go ahead and weigh in before I go any further. 

This week's weight loss is 3 pounds for a total of 28 pounds in twelve weeks. (Yes, we are only on weigh-in number 11 because we skipped a week at Christmas.)



These past twelve weeks have helped me in so many ways!  I truly do feel like a different person already. I have a long way to go still, but I am so excited about the progress I've made.  

I haven't had a soda in twelve weeks.  I feel so much better! I have more energy.  I think the old Amanda,or I should say, the real Amanda is slowly emerging. I no longer feel like I am a slave to food.  It doesn't control me. I control what I put in my mouth. 

Before I started trying to get healthy, I honestly never thought I would be able to lose weight again. I felt helpless.  I felt out of control. I was miserable. As my body has adjusted to not eating garbage, it has gotten easier! I crave fruits and veggies. The cravings for brownies and cakes and chips are few and far between. I was super stringent at first, but now I am finding a balance.  I am developing a healthy relationship with food....the fact that it is a way to fuel my body for great health as opposed to my best friend when I am upset.  Is it okay to have a slice of pie occasionally? Absolutely!  But it can't be the norm. It has to be the exception.  

And as far as fitness goes, I am getting stronger every week. I still could up the ante a bit with my exercising.  That is my goal this week.  To put more into exercising.  

I am easing myself back into running. I ran for the first time in a month this past weekend.  I didn't have any knee pain during or after the run, so I think it is safe to start increasing gradually.  I am going to start training so I can run those five 5Ks this year. 

Last week at Boot Camp class, we did Tabata drills.  Have you ever done those?  I really liked doing them. It was my first time. You do a group of exercises for intervals of 20 seconds, resting 10 seconds between each exercise.  You repeat that set, lets say 6 times before moving to the next group of exercises. 



Use this chart to do Tabata drills at home.  It is a great workout! I also have some other Boot Camp workouts and others on my Fitness and Weight Loss Pinterst Board.  

What I am doing is nothing special.  Tons of people lose weight.  Tons of people are probably doing it at a faster pace than I am. I hold no allusions that I'm doing something unique or fascinating. It's not. It's just a real life struggle being fought by a girl who had had enough. But, I want to reiterate that posting this helps me so much with accountability!  I want to thank you for all the support and encouragement.  

And I truly to hope to encourage others.  If you are struggling, I really do know what you are going through.  I have been down in the gutters with it all. Please hear me when I say that you can do it

Be sure to check Facebook later today! I am going to post another fitness challenge. Are you in?


To view the post that started my weight loss journey, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...