Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Blank Slate

I am slowly getting things done in my girls' shared bedroom.  I thought I would share what I have done so far this morning and a little to-do list that will keep me on track. 


In addition to the blue walls and gray polka dots, I thought that I would use this art print from HollyDays to inspire the rest of my color scheme.  I found the fabric at TJ's Fabrics here in my hometown. (If you have never been, you should definitely check it out.  There is so much to choose from.  You can order online as well.)  It's hard to tell from the picture, but the fabric is actually a two-tone fabric.  Very pretty. 


Right now, this room is basically a blank canvas for me to add layers to make it warm and inviting for my girls.  Notice the black and white rug?  I will also be incorporating some black into the space. 







Shared Bedroom To-Do List:
*Paint over tree wall 
*Paint polka-dot feature wall
*Get new (or in this case, gently used) matching beds
*Order Ashlyn a coverlet that matches Katlyn's existing one
*Get new blinds
*Hang new curtains
*Make throw pillows 
*Make monogram art
*Replace ceiling fan
*Find nightstand or table to put in between beds
*Hang art on walls
*Find a throw blanket, quilt, or comforter to go at end of bed and be used during colder weather
*Spray paint existing lamp and get new lamp shade
*Paint closet doors with chalkboard paint


Already, I think I have the approval of two little girls.  Nap time has never been so cozy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...