Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Weigh-In Wednesday #3

It's that time of the week again!  I have been looking forward to this day. I am so thankful to have a goal and accountability in posting every week.  Your prayers and accountability have helped so much!  

I have had a lot of people ask me what I eat throughout the day, so I thought I would share what a typical day would look like for me.  

Breakfast:


I usually have an egg scramble with veggies, turkey, and cheese. You can see that recipe here

Lunch:
Lunch will usually consist of meat, veggies, and fruit.  (Although, this past weekend I started adding whole grains back in to my diet at the lunch-time meal.)  A lunch I have really enjoyed is a baked sweet potato with cinnamon pecan butter. So yummy. 

Snack:


Snack is usually fruit and yogurt. Most of the time, I have plain Greek yogurt with strawberries and honey. I have found, though, that I love the Toasted Coconut Vanilla Oikos Greek yogurt with strawberries. It tastes like a dessert.  I also enjoy apple with peanut butter or a smoothie. 


Dinner:


Dinner generally consists of lots of veggies, like stewed squash and fresh garlic green beans,  and a protein.  Serve the squash and beans up with grilled chicken and you have a delish dinner. Other options I have enjoyed are chicken fajitas (without the tortilla), bunless hamburgers, and soups. 

I am really having to get used to cooking so much.  Cooking isn't something that I necessarily enjoy, but in order to eat clean and not grab processed foods all the time, you have no other option but to cook.  Planning ahead is key.  

So without further ado, the weigh-in!

Beginning weight: 304 pounds

Today's weight: 290 pounds

This week's weight loss: 2 pounds

Total weight loss in 3 weeks: 14 pounds 

I didn't get a whole lot of walking in this week because I had a lot going on.  I think since last weigh-in I only got to walk three times.  I really need to work on making workouts a priority.  But, I will say, focusing on nutrition these last three weeks has really helped me. That is the hardest part for me.  It has been good to take it one step at a time, but I am ready to step up in the excercise area. 

Things I need to improve on:
*Drink more water......Water (and a coffee in the mornings) is all I have been drinking but I still think I'm not quite drinking enough.
*Exercise more......in addition to walking and some free weights, I need to add in cardio. And make it a priority.  
*Get more rest......I am a night owl, but I pay for it in the mornings.  I need to make myself wind down earlier and get more rest. 

How are you guys doing?  Any areas that need to be improved upon? Already over the exercise hump? Comment and share what has worked for you!  I'd love to hear some creative ideas for exercise. 

*To view the post that started the weight-loss journey, click here.



2 comments:

  1. Hey Amanda! Proud of your health journey...I'm on one myself. One app that really helps me get all my water in for the day is called "Waterlogged." It's free and I'm able to set my goal - 1 gallon a day - and log everything I drink all day until I reach it. It has been REALLY helpful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cameron. I will have to check that out.

      Delete

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...