Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Thanksgiving Tablescape and Thankfulness

November.....the month of thankfulness.  

A time when we all reflect on our blessings and maybe tell each other a little more often how much we appreciate one another. A time when we thank God a little more often for what He has done for us and given us so undeservedly. A time when we actually think about all the things that we so often take for granted. 

We gather around the table in homes, eat together and enjoy being together.  We smile. We laugh.  We are thankful. 

I wanted to create an inviting space to sit down together for a nice Thanksgiving meal. A space that invites smiles, and laughs. One that spurs on love and openness and thankfulness.




I used my daughter's scalloped bulletin board as the base for the centerpiece.  I then added in gold and neutral pumpkins that I already had from this centerpiece.  Then I walked around my yard and gathered magnolia leaves, twigs, and pinecones for a more natural look that brought in some of the greens and yellows from the plaid tablecloth. 








I used a gold paint pen to write names on magnolia leaves for place cards. The silverware was tied together with jute twine with a sprig of rosemary to adorn it.  I purchased the embroidered napkins at Target for only $2.99 for a set of six. (I am thankful for 75% off at Target.)


The black paint on the cork board is chalkboard paint. If you didn't want to use magnolia leaves as place cards, you could write the names of your guests on the board itself in front of each setting......


.......or you could have them each write something they are thankful for. 












There are so many things to be thankful for. Don't you agree?

Linking up to: 
Metamorphosis Monday on Between Naps on the Porch
The DIY'ers on Home Coming 
Tuesday's Treasure at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

Happy Hostess




8 comments:

  1. Your table is beautiful! Thanks so much for linking up to The DIY'ers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kayla. Thanks for hosting such a great link party!

      Delete
  2. I saw your tablescape on Pinterest and liked it immediately! Might be because I have the same dishes! Haha. Love the centerpiece of natural elements. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cecil. I love those dishes. There are so many ways to use them in tablescapes. I appreciate you stopping by.

      Delete
  3. In love with this tablescape. I especially love the creative way you used magnolia tree leaves for the name places. Lovin' your blog! Your pics are great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I appreciate you stopping by!

      Delete
  4. A beautiful table scape! I would have never thought to use a frame for a centerpiece.

    ReplyDelete

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...