Monday, October 20, 2014

Shopping in Alabama: Troy



Last Friday, I had such a wonderful time shopping in Troy, Alabama. It is only about forty-five minutes from my home, but I rarely go there.  Troy (State as it was then) University was where I went to college and I got to meet up with one of my college buddies, Rachel, who now lives there.  We. Had. So. Much. Fun!

Other than corresponding on Facebook, Rachel and I had not been in contact in years. I don't remember the exact day or time that we met, but it was our Freshman year and probably at the BCM.  And let me just tell you how refreshing it is to have a friendship that stands the test of time.  It honestly felt like no time had passed at all. There was an ease and familiarity even though years had passed.  I think those types of friendships----the ones where you just "click" and "get" each other-----are few and far between, and I am thankful to have rekindled this friendship that embodies those things.  We laughed all day!  Rachel even joked we might need Depends next time we get together! (Haha---Mom humor.)

But back to our shopping experience.  I will say Troy has really grown since I was in college there. Those years ago (I won't say exactly how many, because a lady never reveals her age, right?) we didn't have all the cute little shops that now adorn the square in downtown Troy. I parked my car in the center of the square and walked to all the shops.....and there were enough places to look to keep us busy for a few hours. 


I started off at Perfectly Imperfect. I was familiar with the blog, but had never been to the store until this trip. I loved it. It was curated really well, the displays were inviting, and the items were not your run-of-the-mill home decor. It had me imagining and dreaming up what I could do in my own home. They do sell the full line of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint. I have used the chalk paint, but never the milk paint, so I bought some in Trophy, which is a light grey. There are quite a few pieces of furniture sitting in my garage----and have been there for months----that really need some TLC. I can't wait to get started and give the milk paint a try. 

//Via Candace Nelson Photography//
Next, was E+Me. I had been following this shop on Instagram and was so excited to finally see the items in person. It is a high-end children's boutique. Everything in there had me ooohing and aaahing.  Right now they are having a Persnickety trunk show through November first. I may not shop here all the time, given that the items are on the higher end of the price point, but I would definitely shop here for holiday or special occasion items. 




After dragging myself longingly from E+Me, we made our way to The Confetti Crate. I loved this store. Here again, I had been following them on Instagram and couldn't wait to see it in person. This store had a little of everything....from jewelry and clothes to home and holiday items. I found the "deal of the day" here. I purchased the large seeded glass vase for only $10! It had been marked down from $39. Steal! If you can't tell, I was very excited!

Here is how I have displayed it in my home for fall: 










Here we are with our items from Hazel's. I got a cute pair of houndstooth earrings to wear to an Alabama game and Rachel got the cutest monogrammed bracelet! This store had beautiful jewelry and accessories at great prices! I got lots of Christmas gift ideas there. 

I spotted this antique glove mold at Troy Antiques. I thought it would be cute to display jewelry, but I couldn't convince Rachel. If it had been a little more inexpensive, I probably would've bought it. This store had a lot of curiosities. I enjoyed browsing in there. 




These pink pumpkins, painted for Breast Cancer Awareness month, welcomed us in to Glow. I really enjoyed looking in here, too. It is a beauty boutique, selling makeup and bath and body products, but they also have lots of clothing, jewelry, and accessories. We had a blast in here, as well. 

Fat Girl Soap???

This gorgeous arrangement adorned the back of the store. It was absolutely beautiful!


Cake pops while we shop? Don't mind if we do!


Cheers!




 We had so much fun!  We had lunch at Mama Goldberg's, which is right next door to Glow. It was delicious. It was really nice to be able to park my car and just walk to all of these stores. I highly recommend shopping in Troy and checking out all of these stores.  You won't be disappointed. I will definitely be going back soon!

For more information on these stores, visit their Facebook pages:
Perfectly Imperfect
E+Me
The Confetti Crate
Hazel's
Troy Antiques
Glow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...