Monday, October 06, 2014

Scarecrows in the Park



Each year, my little family looks forward to heading to Frank Jackson State Park and seeing Scarecrows in the Park.  All along the walking trails, there are scarecrows waiting to say hello!  This year, we really enjoyed ourselves and my girls were keen to act out each little scene.  Here are some of our favorite scarecrows and scenes. 

















You never know who you will meet on the trails. Thing 1 and Thing 2 scarecrows were there to tell us, "A person's a person, no matter how small!"









This photo is one of my favorites from the day!  My fam singing with the scarecrow choir. 










Ashlyn said, "Look Mom! It's Ichibob and the Headless Horseman!" I think "Ichibob" was one of her favorites. It cracked us up! 






How sweet is this?  I was swinging a few yards away and I saw Ashlyn having a conversation with this fisherman scarecrow. I zoomed in and got the sweetest pictures. 






This state park really is so pretty!









Each year, there are always some really interesting scenes and scarecrows. (Some of them have us scratching our heads.) This "buckdancing" scene made me laugh. Too cute!  What's buckdancing you say? Well, take a look at this......



Now that you are thoroughly educated on buckdancing, let's get back to the scarecrows. 






Scarecrow selfie!



This cornucopia scene was one of my favorites from the day. It was so beautiful and intricate. Look how they used corn stalks and hay to make up the horn of plenty. So pretty. 






We had such a fun afternoon as a family and also got in some exercise while were enjoying the sights. (We walked right at two miles according to my Map My Fitness app.)  If you are in the Opp or Covington County area, you should make time to come see the scarecrows and the cute scenes of fall.  Pack a picnic lunch or snack and enjoy a fun afternoon. 

Linking up to Sunday Brunch Link-up at Alabama Women Bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...