Monday, December 15, 2014

Christmas Home Tour 2014 Part 1

Home Tour Week has arrived! I'm so excited to show you some beautiful homes this week, all decked out for Christmas. Each home is different and I love how it reflects the styles and tastes of each homeowner. 

I was only going to take one day for my home tour, but there were so many photos that I decided to break it up into two posts.  So this week of home tours may run into Saturday or Monday of next week. I haven't decided yet. 

Part 1: Kitchen and Dining Room

As you enter my side entry, I have an Advent Calendar set up for my girls. Of course, by now there are only a few days left, but here is what it looked like when I made it. 
Treat Bag Advent Calendar



The side entry comes right into my kitchen which is open to my dining room. In my kitchen, I added gold and silver ornaments to my milk glass and other pretties that I keep on my small shelves. You'll notice that for the most part, in this entire space, I used golds, silvers, and whites. I kept it neutral since I have green walls. 











My ceramic fox even got a gold scarf to make him festive for the holidays. I don't take myself too seriously and that is generally reflected in my decorating. I like doing quirky and unexpected things sometimes. 




I did a simple centerpiece on my dining table. Nothing too difficult, just enough to add a little glitz and interest. 








I used my bookcase to make another tree in the room out of books. I turned the books so the spines were not showing. It's so funny when people come over because it usually takes them a little while before they even notice it, but when they do they are like, "Oh! It's a Christmas tree!" 
DIY Wood Christmas Signs


DIY Ornament Wreath







DIY Coffee Filter Snowballs and Snowglobe Jars


I love this reindeer. I ended up moving my ornament wreath from this spot and hanging it on the mirror above my buffet, and he was placed here instead. I found the cardboard form at Micheal's and painted him, then glittered up his antlers. 


Updated Christmas Village



I made lots and lots of vintage paper ornaments for my tree this year. They turned out so pretty and look great with the gold and silver! And my tree is so big, that I just used a 4x6 rug I had on hand as kind of tree skirt. (This tree was a yard sale score a couple years ago for only $25!)





You can see my article on how to make these vintage paper ornaments in Southern Holiday Life Magazine, Christmas 2014 edition.













I had to show you the pretty glow my tree gives off at night. I love just sitting and looking at my trees while they are up. I try to really enjoy them while I can.  My kiddos love looking at them, too.




Thanks for stopping by today. Be sure to come back tomorrow for Part 2: Foyer and Living Room!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...