Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Weigh-In Wednesday

#17

It's been a month since my last weigh-in with you guys.  Let me tell you, it has been a hard month.  Probably the hardest since I started my weight loss journey at the end of October. I hit a plateau.  That frustrated me beyond what I can tell you!  It was so disheartening to be eating right and working out and not see the scale budge.  Mentally, that was hard for me. I think it kind of psyched me out a bit and I started doubting myself.  But, I kept pushing through.  Just kept swimming. (I think that is my motto. Thanks, Dori.) 

Another thing that has been particularly hard this month is trying not to compare my weight loss journey to someone else's.  I would see Jane Doe lost x amount of weight in x amount of time and I would beat myself up about my slow progress. But, I'm not Jane Doe. I'm Amanda Henderson. I am unique and my body is unique and I'm not going to lose weight in the same way someone else does. I will lose it like I do. 

Opp gals at the Zumbathon

Since last weigh-in, I participated in a Zumbathon that was raising money for Cancer Freeze, a local charity.  It was a two hour event, and it was so much fun!  We got a great workout in and it was all for a good cause. I was able to stay for an hour and forty-five minutes of the event.  I loved every dark, smokey, disco light, music-so-loud-it-rattles-your-bones minute of it. 

During Boot Camp, we did our second fit test and I was so happy that I improved on both my push-ups and sit-ups.  I love being able to track my progress, strength-wise.  (Just a shout out to our trainer, Rachel!  She does a great job pushing and motivating us.  I really appreciate what she does!)

I also participated in the Spartan 30 in 30 Challenge.  The challenge was to do 30 squats a day for 30 days.  I did do most of the days. I was sick one night and missed and last week when we were on vacation I missed a couple of days. But other than that, I got them done. I know a lot of you participated as well. Did you make it through?  This month's challenge is 30 push-ups a day for 30 days. I signed up for that and I hope you will, too. We can do it!

So, Monday night, I weighed after Zumba for the first time in a couple of weeks. And to my surprise, I had lost six more pounds!  I might have jumped up and down a little. I might have done a happy dance right there in front of everyone like I was thirteen years old.  I was just so darn happy.  I worked SO hard for those six pounds. It gave me the boost that I needed so badly. (I was measured again as well this morning and I've lost inches, too!)



I don't know if you remember, but back on this post I mentioned that one of my goals for 2014 is to run at least five 5ks.  I haven't done any yet.  My knees gave me fits for a while, but now they are healed and my first ever 5k is next weekend.  I'm joining a team (some family members) and we are running the Dirty Girl Mud Run 5k in Atlanta, Georgia.  I can't wait.  I'll also be participating in my second 5k this month as well. This really is the year of possibilities!

This being healthy/weight-loss thing is hard.  But it is so worth it. It takes perseverance and dedication and hard work and discipline.  But those things yield better health and a better outlook and elation and a feeling of accomplishment.  I don't know how long  it will take me to reach my goal weight, but I do know that I won't quit until I do. 





2 comments:

  1. You look wonderful! I can't tell you how much I enjoy keeping up with you this way. You're my hero! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...