Monday, April 28, 2014

Rattlesnake Rodeo Recap

This post is a couple weeks late, but better late than never. The band that I sing in, the JT Jordan Band, had the opportunity to play at the Opp Rattlesnake Rodeo.  It is the 54th annual rodeo, but it is the first year that they had a family day on Sunday, which featured Christian artists. They have always only had country acts on Saturday nights in the past, so this was a welcome addition. (This year, Easton Corbin headlined on Saturday night, and in the past I have seen Blake Shelton and Sugarland there just to name a couple.) We had so much fun and cherish every opportunity we get to play. 


 Let me introduce you to the band!

 John Akridge// bass


 Jonathon Hornsby// drums


JT Jordan// rhythm guitar and our fearless leader 


Tanner Jackson// lead guitar 


Me//vocals





After we finished with our set, I hopped on over to the Feed the Children table and volunteered for the remainder of the event.  Feed the Children provides food and other essentials to poverty-stricken children worldwide. 


I got to man the table with these two lovely gals!  So glad I got to spend some time with Anna and Bethany.


Sweet Bethany and I....love this girl!




While we were volunteering, we got to hear some amazing music! (And I am happy to say that a lot of children had new sponsors after that night!)

Hawk Nelson





Family Force 5






Crank it like a chainsaw!  These guys are so fun! I have a couple of their songs on my workout playlist. 

Building 429

The music was amazing and family friendly! I appreciate having something like this in our city and hope they continue it in the years to come. 


I couldn't leave you with a post about The Rattlesnake Rodeo without a picture of a real rattlesnake, could I?  (My brave Ashlyn standing fearlessly close to the cold-blooded thing, being professionally handled I might add.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...