Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Weigh-In Wednesday #14

Today is a good day.  Not just a good day, a great day.  I have finally hit a milestone that I have been pushing toward for the last two weeks as the scale didn't budge. I'm relieved, encouraged, and thankful that I finally got there.  

You see, over the past few years when my weight has yo-yo'ed, losing five gaining ten, losing ten gaining fifteen over and over and over, my weight crept up, UP, UP.  I never lost more than twenty pounds at a time, and even then, that was short lived.  I was certainly never consistent enough for any significant change.  I hadn't changed from the inside out. 

But today is different.  I have been consistent for over fourteen weeks now. There has been a shift in the way I live.  A paradox to what my life was before.  Each day, I see a glimpse of the Amanda that I once was peeking through more and more.  The athlete growling inside of me is showing herself. The fiery-not-gonna-stop determination is being stoked each day.  

Day 1 at 304 pounds. 

A couple weeks ago at 28 pounds lost. 

Today is a good day.  A great day. Not just because of the pounds lost, but because of what I've gained so far on this journey; a freedom from being controlled by food, a positive outlook, and feeling better about myself. 

This week's weight loss is two pounds, bringing my total to 30 pounds lost!
I am so excited to hit that thirty pound mark.  I think the adjustments I made from last week paid off. 

 Also, I finally broke down and got a gym membership.  I was just going to Zumba and Boot Camp classes, running/walking and lifting free weights at home.  I have finally got it through my stubborn head that I can't run right now or I am going to completely blow out my knee.  I joined the gym so that I can use the Eliptical machine and the weight machines in addition to attending classes.  Maybe one day I can run again, but right now I think it is best to play it safe since my knee has been bothering me a lot again lately. 

Dancesocks 
I ordered these Dancesocks from Amazon to wear during Zumba since we are on carpet and it is hard to maneuver on it sometimes. I wore them for the first time Monday night and they were wonderful.  It made it a lot easier to move and I wasn't worried about hurting my knee.  My friend, Sara, taped my knee for me for Zumba and that helped out a lot as well. (Thank you so much, Sara!)

I got on the Eliptical yesterday for the first time in over a year. I stayed on for thirty minutes.  My quads were on fire, but I loved every minute of it. I also did ten minutes on the treadmill, jumped rope, and did all the leg machines. I absolutely enjoyed working out. I wanted to keep going, to keep pushing myself but time constraints had me reluctantly walking out of the gym. I think I might be getting addicted to the high that comes from a good workout.  

I can't wait to go back today!


To read about my weight loss journey from the beginning, click here

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget