Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Aubergine Orchid Digital Design Board

While I'm in the middle of finishing up my girls' shared bedroom space, I have been dreaming of making our master bedroom an inviting place. It seems that it is always the last to get done, and I am looking forward to making our room a retreat.  

I started by going to my local hardware store and picking out paint colors. I knew that the "purple" range was where I was headed.  I have been drooling over ZGallerie's "Aubergine" accessories and decor for a year or two now. Not to mention that "Radiant Orchid" is Pantone's 2014 color of the year.  

I seem to always be drawn to these hues, whether in clothing, makeup, or home decor.  Here are two palettes that I came up with. These are all Valspar colors. 


Looking at these two sets of colors, I am drawn more to the one on the left.  It looks a little more grown up to me and not so pastel.  I'm not going to be painting the walls these colors, but my master bath may get a splash of some color. I'm not sure yet. I will probably use these colors for a DIY art piece, and used them as a basis for finding fabric. 

Here is the Digital Design Board I created for our master bedroom.  It gives me a better idea at how it will all come together when I'm done. I'm not planning on buying a new bed. I used the one shown just for the purpose of creating the board.  You will find a link below for each item on the board. 


1. P. Kaufmann Hip Berry Fabric  I love this beautiful fabric.  The combination of the gray, purples and pops of green aren't too feminine, but still have the romantic quality I'm going for. I'm thinking of using this one for drapes and a throw pillow. $22/yard

2. P. Kaufmann Slick Amethyst Fabric This fabric coordinates well with the Hip Berry fabric.  I love bringing in a geometric print with a floral one.  This fabric will be used to recover a chair seat as well as throw pillows. (That awesome thrift store chair find is about to get made over.)  $12/yard

3. Land of Nod "H" throw pillow  I won't necessarily use all of the pillows on this board, but I added a few to have options. This one is only $19.

4. Target Fergano pillow $26.99

5. Surya Plum Pillow from Lamps Plus  $25.99

6. Warp Speed Art from ZGallerie This art piece is pretty pricey but beautiful. I may DIY some art for the area above the bed. 

7. Threshold Round Tiled Mirror $29.99

8. Polished table lamp from Target  $49.99 I love the shape and finish of this lamp.  

9. Layla Grace Nightstand At $579, this nightstand is a bit out of my price range, especially having to buy two.  I think I can buy an inexpensive one from IKEA and paint it to look similar to this gray one. 

10. Oblong Lilac Pillow At $15.99 this velvet beauty is a steal!

11. Tufted Ottoman  At Target.com for $52.49.  A great price for a big impact. 

12.  ZGallerie Tangier Rug

13. Sam Moore Laney Exposed Armchair  $859

14. Surya Ruffled Pillow from Lamps Plus $45.99

15. Geometric Area Rug  $149.99 from Target

16. ZGallerie Idochine Rug  $299.95 I obviously won't buy three rugs, but I gave myself options to see how they look and a variance of price depending on budget.  This rug is very plush and would be wonderful in a bedroom.  The more inexpensive one from Target is lower pile. 

I think if our room comes out anything like the one on the Digital Design Board, we will be really happy with it!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...