Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Guest Post: Honey Cilantro Shrimp from Five4Five Meals

I am thrilled to have Lydia from Five4Five Meals join us today with a scrumptious recipe that is both healthy and delicious.  

Take it away, Lydia!



I was practically born in the kitchen. I come from a long line of southern cooks and if it isn’t deep fried, covered in cheese and slathered with butter it must not be good, right? Wrong.
I say this all the time and it is my truth I AM A WORK IN PROGRESS.
My health is a work in progress, my transition to a healthier kitchen is a work in progress and my ability to overcome the southern “unhealth” food is a work in progress.
But I still love my Alabama cuisine. Particularly the shrimp. I am a sucker for a good shrimp.
Have you ever roasted shrimp in your oven? If you haven’t be prepared to have your life changed.
Roasting shrimp makes them super sweet and plump. Like butter, without the butter.
This little recipe is Honey Cilantro Shrimp, which I whipped up with just a few things I had lying around. They are super simple, super yummy and they won’t leave you feeling like your pants will split up the back.

What you'll need:
1/2 pound shrimp peeled and deveined 

1/2 a cup fresh cilantro, chopped

2 -4 tbsp honey

2-4 tbsp olive oil (I used Extra Virgin Kalamata Oil)



Preheat your oven to 350 and spray a cookie sheet with Pam and set aside.

In a large bowl combine your honey, olive oil and cilantro. Whisk it all together so it fully incorporates.

Add in the shrimp and mix with your hands.

Pour the mixtures with the shrimp onto a cookie sheet and slide in the oven. You will want to roast them 20-25 minutes.



Lydia Senn is a former stressed-out newspaper reporter turned work from home mom. She likes slow cooking, slow talking and raising her little boys near the beach. You can visit her at Five4FiveMeals.com

Doesn't that look so yummy?  I can't wait to cook it for my husband!  Thanks, Lydia, for sharing with us today!  Be sure to go check out her blog where she shares delicious recipes, craft projects, and much, much more. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...