Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Favorite Healthy Recipes

Finding healthy recipes isn't that difficult, especially with the help of Pinterest.  Finding healthy recipes that actually taste good is a different ballgame.  I have tried some that were downright terrible! Today, I thought I'd share some healthy recipes that I have tested and are really delicious. I've listed the link to each recipe below the picture.

Breakfasts

Mexican Turkey Frittata

This frittata is delicious and is easy to vary according to taste. Sometimes I leave out the peppers and just add ground turkey sausage and cheddar cheese. This is an easy, make-ahead recipe that reheats well.
Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Muffins
These muffins hit the spot if you want something sweet.  They are flourless, contain healthy ground flax, and are free of refined, white sugar.  They are sweetened with honey.  These are so yummy!  They make great snacks, too.


Sides

Best Broccoli of Your Life


This broccoli recipe is so easy to make and is very flavorful.  You won't believe it's not bad for you. 


Parmesan Roasted Green Beans
Fresh green beans, olive oil, and parmesan cheese? Yes, please. 

Main Dishes

Baked Turkey Meatballs with Spinach

These meatballs are so delicious!  I made mine into patties like a hamburger and served them with marinara sauce and mozarella cheese.  Kind of like a healthy version of a meatball sub.  I toasted a whole grain sandwich round, added the marinara and cheese, and ate with a side salad.  I had the leftovers later without any bread.  Be sure to click the link. There are other suggestions and variations of this recipe there. 
The Best Whole Chicken in a Crock Pot
What can I say about this yummy recipe?  It is super easy, and I have made it many times.  The seasoning is wonderful and cooking the chicken in the crock pot all day makes it so moist.  Sometimes, I add baby carrots to the bottom of the crock pot as well. Definitely a must-try for the busy mom. 


You can also check out my Healthful Pinterest Board for more healthy recipe ideas. 

*I am looking for some new smoothie recipes.  If you have one that you love, please share the recipe in the comments below.  I would love to try a few out and share my favorite ones with everyone soon.  

And just in case any of you missed it earlier this week, let me update you about Weigh-In Wednesdays.  I don't want my readers to bore of my weekly updates, so I decided to post once a month instead of weekly.  I will weigh in every first Wednesday of the month. (Which means next Wednesday will be the next weigh in.) Thank you all for continued support, encouragement, and prayers as I continue on the road to good health. 

One more thing!  Be sure to be on the lookout later today for a Giveaway post!  I'm not going to spoil the surprise of what the Giveaway is, but you won't want to miss it.



1 comment:

  1. These look good! I'm going to have to give a few of them a try.

    ReplyDelete

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...