Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Fall is in the Air


  Ahhhh, fall.  Probably one of my most favorite times of the year, fall brings with it the promise of shorter days, cooler nights, bonfires, chilli, and the scents of spiced cider, apples, and pumpkin pie.  I love fall. And I can't get it off the brain.

I can't wait for that first camping trip of the season, for the first hay ride, first peanut boil.  I look forward to crisp mornings and brisk afternoons, for the glow of the afternoon with all the reds. yellows, and oranges being shed by the majestic trees. Ahhhh, fall.

Fall porch 2011 at our former home


Our summer was exceptionally rainy and cooler than normal. (Aside from a few hot, hot days sprinkled in.) The leaves have already begun to fall, and the season has imprinted itself on my brain.

Although I'm not yet ready to fully deck out my home with all the goodness of pumpkins, mums, and gourds, I thought I would share my fall front porch decorations from the last couple of years.(Sorry about the pics...I took them with an old camera before I got my new one.)

Fall front porch 2012 at current home
2012 fall front porch



2012 window box



Side Entry 2012
Doesn't that just get you excited for fall?  What are your go to fall decorations?  Mums?  Pumpkins? Hay bales?  Burlap?

Come back and visit this week as I continue sharing our progress on the inside of our home. Lots of before and after pics to show!  Don't forget to like my Facebook page, and follow me on Pinterest and Twitter, or comment below.  I would love to hear from you!  

*Just a reminder, Yard and Sons is offering a 10% discount on orders placed until September 30.  Take advantage and get some early Christmas shopping done!  Learn more here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...