Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Decor Dilemma: Lamps

So, I am having a bit of a dilemma.  And I need your help.  I have been indecisive about these lamps for months now.  It's time to figure this out. 




I found these lamps at thrift store for only $5 each.  They are vintage, heavy brass.  I loved the shape of them and the fact that they are gold.  They only shades I could find for them were these slightly tapered, cream ones from Lowe's.  I wasn't quite sold on them yet in this space. 



Then, I added some faux bois fabric in turquoise and the mirrors behind them. Better. But I'm still not quite sure they work here.  


I have thought about spray painting them and moving them onto the buffet in the dining room or our master bedroom.  With different lamp shades, of course.  But I haven't been able to bring myself to paint them.  I really love the mirrors in this location and have debated getting slightly shorter lamps like this one:

via \\ Z Gallerie
 Or this one:

via \\ Target

Or this one: 

via \\ Target
I know that I want to keep the brass lamps and use them somewhere. 

Should I leave them be?

Should I paint them and use them elsewhere and buy different lamps for the living room?  

What do you guys think?  



2 comments:

  1. LOVE the color of the lamps and the mirrors! I would not paint the lamps. I think the issue may be the placement of the lamps. Have you tried moving them to the outside edge of the mirror so that the mirror is more visible? I would not go all the way to the edge of the bookcases, but maybe 2-4" from the edge. Then you can style under the mirror and next to the lamp to pull those things together visually. Does that make sense? I really like this unit that you have for your tv.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea. I will try that. I have actually added a framed picture to the top right-hand side beside the mirror since I took these pics, and it looks a little better,but I'm still on the fence this space and the lamps. I will try moving them over and styling under the mirror like you suggested. I really don't think I can paint them, either. I love the brass. But it may be too much for the green walls.

      Delete

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...