Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Mini Makeover Challenge: Nikki's Nacs




I recently challenged +Nikki Cotton to a Mini Makeover Challenge!
Here are the challenge guidelines:
Makeover an area of your home without spending a penny! Using items you already have on hand, create a fresh look for your space. *Shop your home and yard for items you love. *Choose a space to makeover. Could be a reading nook, bedroom, foyer, anything you want! * Remember, you can't spend one penny!
Let's see how Nikki rose to the challenge!

 Hi, I am Nikki from Nikki's Nacs. I am thrilled to be here today to participate in Amanda's Mini Room Makeover Challenge. The challenge was to makeover an area in my home without spending a penny, by using items that I already had on hand to create a fresh new look. I decided that this was the perfect opportunity to pick back with our playroom makeover. This makeover started back in November, but I had kind of lost steam. One of the areas in the playroom that needed some revamping was the gallery wall.
This was the original, very colorful playroom gallery wall.
 Back in November we rearranged the room and moved the gallery wall to the other side of the room. We also decided at that point to narrow our color scheme to navy, shades of green, gray, and white. I turned to my friends paint and paper to do this without spending any money. I painted all of the mats white using paint that I had on had. I let the boys paint on the back of leftover poster board from another project to create the large piece of art. I used a piece of scrapbook paper from my stash for the background of the "play" art, and then drew and cut out the letters from more scrap poster board.  I also printed and framed the Let Your Light Shine printable I created as a free printable. I didn't spend any money, and it looks like a totally different gallery wall.
I wasn't done though. That couch needed some pillows. I dug through my fabric stash to try and find something that would work. The striped pillow was made from leftover fabric from my son's superhero room. The other 2 pillow covers were made from an old window shade  that I had originally made from an old shower curtain that I painted. I had to get a little creative on that one, but it totally worked.
My boys are thrilled to finally have some real pillows on their couch. Who am I kidding? They are normally on the floor, but whatever. Thank you Amanda for this challenge. It was just what I needed to get busy on this room again. I am so happy with these changes that didn't cost me a single penny!

Wow! Didn't she do an awesome job?  I love the  artwork and the use of green and navy. And those adorable pillows?  Wow. Awesome job, Nikki!

I am going to be challenging other bloggers as well, so be on the lookout for more Mini Makeover Challenges in the future!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...