Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Life Lately

My goodness! It's Wednesday already and it's been too long since I've posted. Life, sometimes, seems to get in the way of my projects and plans and it turn, posting here. I wanted to stop in today and let you know what's been going on. 


Last week, I was busy getting my articles finished up for Southern Holiday Life's spring/summer issue. I had two articles due and had mislabeled the due date on my calendar so I had to really bust it to get it in. When writing articles (and even blog posts) there is a lot of time and effort that goes into the finished product. There's the planning/shopping phase to get what you need for the project, then you have to actually do the project, take lots and lots of photos, then edit photos and write the article or post itself. One article or post can represent a lot of hard work and time that goes on behind the scenes. And I absolute love it! I love having a deadline to work toward (that's what us procrastinators need to get things done). Deadlines usually force me to get creative juices flowing. The above photo is only one from my craft article, but you'll have to wait until this issue comes out for the full how-to.


My second article was a spring porch update and here are a couple of my favorite detail shots I got. ( I LOVE the up-close detail shots.)Aren't these calla lilies gorgeous?  I got a new camera, by the way, and I'm loving the photos I'm able to take with it!


 OH! This shot! I took this in the early morning light when the dew was still on the ground, and little droplets of water were on the plants. I just love this photo with that little drop of water. It made me smile so big!


Another reason I haven't posted as much is I've been having horrible, horrible migraines almost daily. It had gotten to the point that I could call it chronic and it was no fun at all! I couldn't figure out why I've been having headaches so frequently. I've had migraines since I was a little girl, but never this often. For the past few months, they've grown in intensity and in frequency. I thought it was my sinus issues and snoring (even though I don't have apnea), but I took antibiotics and tried some oils and things to help with that, but didn't get much relief. Then last week, I finally had a breakthrough.




It was time for my yearly eye exam and my prescription had changed and I had developed an astigmatism in my left eye. I got new glasses, which has prompted my husband to call me Velma. Does that mean he doesn't like them? I don't know. Anyway, I've had glasses for years, but haven't had to wear them much more than for driving at night or at the movies. And speaking of movies, my friend Stephanie and I took our girls to see Zootopia when it came out, so I wore my glasses during the movie. I had had a headache all day and it wouldn't let up, even after ample amounts of caffeine and pain reliever. But by the end of the movie, my headache was easing off! Then it dawned on me. Maybe my headaches are from my eyes straining. So, I starting wearing my glasses all day, every day and my headaches have been much less frequent and painful! I'm so very happy to have figured that out. I guess I should've thought about that before, but I've never had to wear my glasses that much in the past. My eyesight has gotten worse so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. That's what getting older does for you.


Since this past Saturday, my Katlyn has been running a fever. It has spiked up to 104 and 103 so we were really concerned. I took her to the doctor yesterday and it's just a viral infection so we just have to let it run its course. I hope she can go back to school tomorrow. She's finally feeling a bit better today!

There have been lots of other things keeping us busy around here, as well. Ashlyn went out of basketball season and straight into softball. But, I'm loving this season of life and wouldn't trade it for anything!



Are you on Snapchat? Add me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...