Monday, November 09, 2015

DIY Thanksgiving Wheat Bundle

Okay, I'm not gonna lie. My brain has totally already switched over to Christmas decorating mode. But don't worry...I haven't actually decorated for Christmas yet, but I may or may not have already (1) Listened to Christmas music, (2) Watched sappy Christmas movies on the Hallmark Channel, (3) Wrapped some Christmas presents, (4) Put Christmas pillows on my couch. 

Well, yeah, okay. Maybe I'm getting a little carried away a little too early, but I just can't help myself. I blame in on Instagram (all of the bloggers I follow are posting Christmas decor pics like it's December first), and I blame it on Starbucks Peppermint Mocha lattes, and I blame it on the Hallmark Channel. 

I won't actually be hosting Thanksgiving at my house this year, so I feel a sort of freedom to slowly begin to bring Christmas in at my own pace, letting my creative juices flow! I do usually decorate a little early so that I can share projects and inspiration here on the blog for all my bloggy friends out there. But, I won't be posting Christmas projects quite yet. But Christmas (winter) is coming and be prepared for those posts very soon. For now, though, here's a simple tutorial on how to make your own wheat bundle. These would be so gorgeous on a Thanksgiving table. 

DIY Wheat Bundle

What you'll need:
~Wheat 
~Twine or floral wire
~Decorative ribbon
~Scissors


Start by gathering your wheat, then twist in the center to spread it out. You want to end up with a flat base so that it can stand on its own. If needed, trim to make level.

Next, once you get the desired shape, secure with wire or twine. Then, embellish with ribbon. And that's it! You have a beautiful centerpiece for your Thanksgiving table!





Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you'll come back! Check the Cultivate Create Facebook page later today....I'll be announcing the winner of our Favorite Things Blogiversary giveaway winner! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...