Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Fall Home Tour Part 1: Kitchen and Dining



Hello! Welcome to my fall home tour! I had so much to show you that I decided to break up the tour into two posts. Today, I'm sharing my kitchen and dining room. Be sure to come back tomorrow for the living room and front entry. Now, let's get started!


I'll also be sharing some of the items I recently purchased, including those I bought at the Market on Chapel Hill, Scott Antiques Market, and the Yellow Daisy Festival. I usually do a post after the Chapel Market and I didn't this year, so I thought I could just kill two birds with one stone. This frame is in our side entry. We hang our keys and things here and I usually try to keep a wreath or something hanging on the frame. I found this banner at the Market in Urban Farmgirl's booth. I'm not one to take myself too seriously and I like a little bit of quirk in our home to keep things light. So cute!


I added only simple touches in the kitchen; a couple of grapevine balls and warm wood tones....






....and a pumpkin pie towel I also purchased from Urban Farmgirl at the Market.


This "Cups for Days" rack is also a new purchase. I snagged it on Decor Steals and I read that they only offer it a few times a year and it sells out pretty quickly. I'm so glad that I was able to get it before they sold out. I'd been eyeing them since I saw something similar on Fixer Upper. (They do have one on Joanna Gaines' website, although it's a little more expensive than the one I bought.) 



Distressed frame, Scott Antiques Market




This Spiked Cider Rewined candle smells so amazing. Such a great fall scent. I picked this candle up at the Market. I also saw these recently at the Yellow Daisy Festival at Stone Mountain, Georgia, but I'm not aware of anywhere local that sells them. (They are poured into recycled wine bottles.)


Antique Ceiling Tile Frame, Scott Antiques Market








I loved using wheat in my fall decorating this year!


I painted this white pumpkin about a month ago. I was inspired by some that I had seen on Pinterest and just had to make my own. 

Campfire mini sign, Kreations by Design on Etsy



I kept my dining table simple this year. The statement is the sheet music runner that coordinates with the grapevine wreaths. (Check out the tutorial for those HERE.)




The inspiration for the whole look this year was this free printable that I framed from Jones Design Company. Muted oranges, blues, and whites.








This area is kind of tricky for me to decorate. I think it was a built-in china cabinet originally, but when we moved in there weren't any shelves. (And obviously there still aren't). I think there were glass shelves here. Anywho, we usually set up all of the beverages here when we have company and it works out great. (Yet another project to complete on our very long list.)


And lastly, one of my favorite recent purchases.....this beautiful painted wooden sign from Susie Harris that I purchased at the Market on Chapel Hill.  She does such beautiful work! 



I've really enjoyed decorating for fall this year. The new gray paint color made everything so much easier for me since I didn't have to contend with that garish green. I hope you've enjoyed my tour and I would love for you to come back tomorrow for the rest of the tour!

Let's Connect!
Leave a comment or question and follow along on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...