Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Fall Home Tour 2015 Part 2: Living Room and Entry


View part one of my fall home tour HERE!

Welcome back to part two of my fall home tour! Today, I'm sharing my living room and front entry. I have a neutral palette in my living room to start with; gray walls and gray furniture. So it's really easy for me to change accent colors in the room. I chose to add some bright pops of fall color for the season and it's playful and fun.




While adding the pops of color, I also tried to add some fall texture. A warm, cuddly throw, furry pillows and a velvet pillow and pumpkin. (Sources: throw blanket--TJ Maxx, white pillows--I made them with faux fur fabric, black and white pillow--Ikea, gather pillow--Target, orange velvet pumpkin--TJ Maxx).



Fall Essentials free printable from Jones Design Co.









At the end of July, I already had my front porch decorated for fall because I had to turn my Southern Holiday Life article in early. Since then, the front porch decorations was looking a little sad and worn out, so I replenished it with some mums (which weren't available in July), some new plants and pumpkins. 

Here's what my porch looked like for the SHL article:



And here it is now:


It's pretty simple. I have a really hard time keeping my mums looking pretty, by the way. I have this problem every year. For the most part, I have a green thumb but for some reason, mums are a problem for me. If anyone has any tips, I'd appreciate them! 

That's it for today! Hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...