Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Patriotic Tablescape


Ahhh....summertime. The heat, beach trips, long days, barbecues, and, of course, Fourth of July celebrations. Reds, whites, and blues really call to me during the summer. Even in varying patterns and mediums, those colors still evoke pride for the Grand Ole Flag and all that she stands for. So, when I came across some adorable red and white placemats whilst perusing the aisles at TJ Maxx, I knew immediately that I wanted to use them for the Fourth of July. I was especially excited that they were square placemats because those are so hard to find. I snatched the placemats up immediately to use with my square white dishes.



I kept everything really simple. This tablescape is a no-muss, no-fuss spread that embodies the spirit of the holiday without being over the top. I started with a basic white tablecloth then added the red and white placemats and white dishes. Then came the navy linen napkins tied to look like a bow with a simple embellishment in the center.


Next, I added a rag wreath around a red celosia centerpiece which I adorned with a couple of mini flags. And that's all there was to it. Easy peasy lemon squeezy! The only thing that is missing is barbecue, watermelon, homemade vanilla ice cream over an apple pie. Followed by a huge fireworks display, of course.















I hope you all have a happy and safe Fourth of July weekend! I'll see you guys back here next week!

Sources:
*Navy and white rug. Luxe Habitat purchased at TJ Maxx, $12.00
*Set of four square placemats purchased at TJ Maxx, $6.99
*Happy Chic by Jonathon Adler navy frame purchased at TJ Maxx, $3.99
*Small flags purchased at flea market for $.75 each.
*Already had white dishes (Pier One), navy napkins (estate sale.), and mason jars.
*Wreath Centerpiece: DIY wreath. Find the tutorial HERE.
*Red Celosia bought at Wal-Mart garden center. $3.98
*Paper straws: navy ones from the Dollar Spot at Target, red ones from jane.com

Linking up to:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...