Wednesday, July 08, 2015

10 High Style Ikea Hacks

In the home decor and diy world, Ikea is almost this magical fairy land where prices are low and possibilities are high. While you can go to Ikea, pick something up off the shelf, take it home and use as is, many like to try to re-imagine and make things their own. With the prices as low as they are, you can definitely afford to do so. It's a creative's dream, a blank canvas of wood and veneer, and a virtual green light for anything you can dream of.

I'm heading to Ikea next week, and have been studying their products a bit to use for a client, and I have come across some beautiful "hacks" that will make you want to head straight to the store and get started on your own project. Here are ten high-style hacks that caught my eye! The links below each photo will take you to the original post.

These first three are all variations of the Rast dresser (pictured above). It is an unfinished, wood dresser that only costs $35! That's a great deal!

1.
//Via www.addicted2decorating.com//
2.
//Via //
3.
//Via//


4. These next two photos are at my own home. These photos that I shared on Instagram show our media console made from Ikea Billy bookcases. I always have lots of comments and questions about it so I thought I would show it. It was simple to make and was very affordable.




I got the idea for this "built-in" look on iheartorganizing.com. You see the post that inspired us HERE! We took the instructions there and made it fit for our home.

5. Here is another hack that showcases the Billy bookcase, as well as the Besta.
//Via//
6.

//Via//
7.
//Via//

8. And the Hemnes was used to create this cute "mudroom" area.
//Via//
9. A library cart made from spice racks.
//Via//
10. Beautiful window seat and shelving. Looks like built-ins!


//Via//
I am so inspired by these projects and can't wait to get to Ikea next week. (The closest one to me is in Atlanta, four and a half hours away.) I don't get to go often so I am stoked! Do you have Ikea near you? Have you ever attempted an Ikea hack? I'd love to hear about it! Leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...