Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Stenciled Fall Doormat




In my opinion, it's never too early to start thinking about fall. Or maybe it's just my way of coping with the oppressive south Alabama heat and humidity; looking ahead to cooler days and eagerly awaiting the autumn leaves to fall. If you are nodding in agreement with me right now, perhaps an "amen" escaping your lips, then this post is for you. Although the humidity is so high around here you could slice it with a knife, fall is just around the corner and we might as well be prepared, right?


I started with Trampa mat from Ikea. I really wanted this mat to be simple and to look like a sign that was stenciled by a farmer at his pumpkin patch. I used simple stencils, some that can be found at dollar stores, craft stores, or supercenters.


Once I decided how I wanted the wording, I just used latex craft paint on the stencils. And here is the finished product! Voila!




I think Molly even approves of our new fall doormat.





I love this project because of how simple and easy it is, and because it can be personalized to say whatever you want. Getting ready for fall is so much fun!


Linking up to:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...