Tuesday, August 04, 2015

Whirlwind Summer

Summer.....well, what can I say about summer? It went by so fast, that I almost mistook it for the Roadrunner. Or the Flash. Seriously, I blinked and June was gone. I blinked again and July is gone. We're gearing up for back to school bashes, school supplies, and the first day of a new school year. In less than a week's time, we will once again be thrust back into the grind, the daily ebb and flow of drop offs and pick ups and ball and dance and....you get the picture.  


Grayton Beach

If you haven't noticed, I haven't posted much on the blog over the summer. Maybe once a week. That's been because of the sheer busyness and craziness of our lives during the summer break. But, I have a lot of projects going on and can't wait to get back to a normal posting schedule once the kids start back to school. Please bear with me! 


Destin, FL


At the beginning of the summer, I intentionally decided to forego signing my kids up to the multiple day camps and activities that were offered because I wanted our schedule to be open if we decided to head to the beach for the day or whatever came up. I am so glad that I made that decision because this summer was officially our busiest one yet. We had a lot of unexpected but wonderful surprises that I am so glad that we were available to embrace and participate in. If our schedule had been more planned out, we wouldn't have been able to do some of those things. 

Here are some of the highlights of our busiest summer yet!


Beach day with some of our Iowa family!


Having fun at Destin Harborwalk Village.



Cousins at Grayton Beach FL.



Friends having Fourth of July fun!


The down-side to all of that, was the lack of schedule all summer. Usually, we get into some type of routine that enables us to keep things going smoothly, keep bedrooms and the house clean. It just didn't happen this summer. I haven't even been to the gym all summer since we've been so busy. Mind you, I've walked occasionally and done some free weights and things at home, but nothing consistent. I'm really looking forward to getting back on a set schedule with that.


Our oldest, Kat, was baptized this summer.

Hiking to the falls at Chewacla State Park.

Chewacla Falls

Six Flags over Georgia

Georgia Aquarium






Minion Movie with cousins! This was an awesome theater.....fully reclining seats made for a comfy viewing experience. 
Spending time with cousins at Nana's house is always fun!
We love the theater! Had a blast with my mom watching The Little Mermaid at the Alabama Shakespeare Festival in Montgomer, AL.


We've made lots of memories this summer, but I'm welcoming the routine of the new school year! It's still hard to believe how fast it flew by!

How has your summer been? What are some of your favorite memories? Leave a comment....I'd love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...