Monday, May 18, 2015

New Front Door Part 2


It took a couple of days longer than I anticipated, but we finally got the new front door finished up.(If you missed it, you can see Part 1 HERE). It ended up being a little more involved than I thought it would be. We had to trim out the door opening a bit to fit the new door in. We also had lots of nail holes to fill, sand, and paint, as well as having to tackle the trim inside and outside around the new door.



I love the new door handle. It is so pretty and works well with the blue door. It gives it a good contrast.





When I painted our old door this blue color, I had debated whether or not to paint the side windows to give the entrance more of a pop of color, but I never did. This time, I decided to go for it. At the end of the day, it's just paint and if we decide we hate it, I can always paint it back white. For now, I actually like the extra oomph that it gives our front entry and plan to leave it as is. The hubs wasn't quite as convinced as I was but if decides he can't stand it, I'll paint it back.


Our entry has a more finished look now that the new door is in, but it still feels a little blah to me. I'm not sure if it's the planters or what. Maybe I need to use these planters on the back patio and get a pair that are a little larger for this area. I'm not sure yet. I can't quite put my finger on what is bothering me about it all.


While I was in my painting frenzy, I decided to go ahead and paint our garage door the same color as the front door. I realized while painting it, that it had NEVER been painted before. Like never. When the previous owners put it in, they just left it in the primed state it came in. I can't tell you how much better it looks now, or how much better it makes me feel to see that pop of color amidst the sea of white in the garage. Getting that one project done also inspired me to get the garaged cleaned out and organized.


The garage door also got a vinyl decal from Leen the Graphics Queen. I love the happy little greeting in that cute font.

 
 
I'm so glad I went with the blue on the front door. It definitely packs more punch than the white door did. Three years after buying our home, we finally have a functional and pretty front door! I'm so used to using the side door, that I've caught  myself using it when I could've used the front door to make it quicker. I guess we'll get used to it soon!

 
 
Linking up to:
Make it Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...