Thursday, April 23, 2015

I Do BBQ Couples Shower

 
 
When I was asked to help plan a couples shower, specifically an "I Do BBQ," I couldn't have been more excited. My sweet client wanted a casual couples shower that was stylish yet laid back.
 
The first thing I like to decide on when planning a party or shower is usually the invitation. A well-made invitation can be a jumping off point for the design for the entire party. That was the case for this party. We found this adorable invite from Mols Designs and I took the inspiration from that to set the tone for the entire party.

You can order your own I Do BBQ from Mols Designs HERE.
 
The elements that inspired us from the invite were red and white gingham, sunflowers, and mason jars. We ordered fresh sunflowers and baby's breath for arrangements for all of the tables. I am a firm believer that fresh flowers can go a long way at a party (or even just having a jar or vase of them in your home.) I used mason jars to put the arrangements in, and the guests also drank sweet tea and lemonade from mason jars, as well.






 
Four tables were set up outside on the beautiful porches. We used white tablecloths and chair covers, then we kept things simple with a red and white gingham runner, party packet place settings, and beautiful sunflower arrangements. 




To dress up the mason jars, I glued gingham ribbon directly to the jar, then affixed a scalloped craft tag to the ribbon with a mini clothespin.  I used a stamp set to embellish the tag with the engaged couple's initials.


The Red Gingham Table Roll was actually cut in half to make the runner. It was a really wide roll and could be used as a tablecloth if preferred. For our purposes, this worked the best. The Striped Favor Bags and Red Stripey Straws were just the things we needed for the adorable party packets.

To download this free printable file, click HERE. For personal use only. Copyright Cultivate Create 2015.


Also, I filmed a short tutorial on making the party packets. Head to my YouTube page to view! If you like it, give me a thumbs up and please subscribe to my channel! Watch the tutorial HERE. (And yes, I have a strong Southern accent, and am a complete goofball as evident in the outtakes at the end. HA!)






Guests were sent home with sunflower seed favors with the sentiment "Let love grow" on the tag. How sweet!


And what would a party be without a fun photo booth? The backdrop is just red tablecloths attached to foam board and propped against the wall. I made the giant sunflowers out of tissue paper. (Tutorial to come soon.)

I blacked out the hashtag, but you get the gist!


 
Thanks, MA, for modeling for us!
 

 
 
I didn't get to snap any photos of the food all set up, but I did snap this photo of the sugar cookies that were made for the party. Aren't they adorable? There were also sunflower cupcakes that everyone got to enjoy after eating some yummy barbecue!
 
I hope you enjoyed this post as much as I enjoyed working on this party! Be sure to like Cultivate Create on FB, follow along on Instagram or Twitter, or join this site to be sure to see future party posts like this one!
 
Linking up to:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...