Wednesday, February 18, 2015

10 Little Known Facts About Me

We have some new readers to Cultivate Create (WELCOME!) and I thought I would share some little known facts about me, and show you some of my quirks and experiences that I've had that make me, well, me. Some of these things, not even my close friends know.
 
 
1. I experience Raynaud's Phenomenon (also known as Raynaud's Disesase.)
 





When I get really cold, inevitably, my feet start going numb and turning white. Generally my entire big toes turn white, as well as the bottoms of my feet and other toes in splotches. The only way to get them back to normal is usually to soak in a very hot bath, which can be a little painful in a prickly pins and needles type of way. Raynaud's often affects fingers as well, but usually it is only my feet that are affected.
 
This is NOT my foot. Just an image online I found to show you what happens to my feet.
It's a really good thing that I live in South Alabama, where the winters are pretty mild. I think I might be in trouble in more Northern states.


For more information about Raynaud's Disease, go here.

2. The thought of traveling into outer space terrifies me.


I know that this a completely irrational fear, seeing as how I, in all likelihood, will never be pressed upon to travel into space. But, the thought of being an Astronaut really freaks me out. I even have a hard time watching movies about outer space. Not Star Wars or Star Trek or those that are so far fetched....I really like those movies. I'm talking about the movies like Gravity or Apollo 13 that are more realistic. The thought of being outside of a space ship in the vastness of space when you could easily drift away to never be heard of again or just the possibility of dying from no oxygen is the most awful way I can think to die! Horrible. I. CAN'T. EVEN! Just thinking of it gives me the heebie jeebies! Okay. On to the next thing because I just can't........

3. I've never, ever watched any of the Godfather movies.

 

While I do recognize a lot of the pop culture references to this film, some of which I have to attribute to the movie You've Got Mail, I have never really wanted to watch it.

4. When I was in college, I got pulled over in Montgomery, AL and the MPD film crew was with the officer that pulled me over.


So, this is a pretty funny story. For those of you not familiar with MPD tv show, it was a locally produced show featuring the adventures of Montgomery, Alabama Police Department. Pretty much Cops, but in Montgomery.

I worked at Old Navy in Montgomery when I was in school at Troy. I commuted to work. On this particular night, it was extra late when I got off work because we had to stay late and do inventory. It was close to midnight when I pulled onto 231 to head back to Troy. I had not eaten dinner and was hungry and decided to stop at a Subway since it was the only thing open. I pulled into the parking lot, not noticing that I had pulled in the wrong way to a divided side road beside the store.

Anyway, Mr. Cop thought I was drunk. He pulled up behind me and blocked me in in the parking lot just as I was getting out of my vehicle. I was completely oblivious and had no idea what I did.

Then it happened. The film crew hopped out of a vehicle and came up behind my car. I remember thinking Great! I'm going to look like a criminal on that crazy show! The officer started asking me lot of questions....why I was out so late, where was I going, where was I coming from, blah , blah, blah.

I explained that I just got off work and was heading home right after I got my Subway sandwich. He asked for my license and I gave it to him.

He laughed and said, "So, you're from Opp. Well, that explains it!"

I couldn't believe he said that. Needless to say, I didn't even get a ticket or anything. It was an honest mistake and he knew that. I wasn't very good tv and I never made the cut for the show, THANK GOODNESS!

5. Being in a group of people really energizes me. 



(Well, this may be a more widely known fact about me.) I love parties and get-togethers! I tend to get a little over stimulated and talk too much and too loud, and random things accidentally fly out of my mouth, but I just can't help it. I have to say hello to everyone and make my way around the room.  My introverted hubby always discreetly tells me to chill, but I just can't help it. Really! Thankfully, my friends love me and don't seem to mind. ( I do apologize to my more introvertive friends!)

6. I have attended a movie premiere.

 

When I lived in New York City, my roommate Brooke and I were walking down Broadway not far from our studio apartment. It was her very first day in the city and I was showing her around our neighborhood. We came up on a crowd of people at the Loews Theatre and couldn't get around. We then realized that a lot of celebrities were getting out of limos and were going into the theatre so we stood there and watched. Then this guy with a clipboard in his hand asked us if we wanted to see the movie for free. They got a group of us from outside to go in and see the movie. They led us in through a side door, and up the escalator separate from all of the movie stars. We were given free soda and popcorn and told to sit in the very front of the theatre. Like the first rows where we had to look up at the screen. All of the producers and stars and director sat in the center and toward the back. It was so surreal. During the beginning credits, when names would appear on the screen, they all clapped for each other.

I got to see Chris Rock, Anthony Hopkins, Brad Pitt, Jennifer Anniston, and Phillip Seymour Hoffman just to name a few. It was so weird sitting in the same room as these people. I wish I could've had a conversation with them. How cool would that have been?

And four more things really fast.....
7. I  have recorded an EP of original songs. (It's not that good, but it was an experience nonetheless.)
8. I tried Sushi for the first time while in Hawaii.
9. I fell at my high school graduation. (Quite easily the most embarrassing moment of my life.)
10. I went to a taping of Carson's Last Call with Carson Daly when I lived in New York.

Okay. There you have it. Some (mostly) little know facts about me! Thanks for stopping by and reading Cultivate Create! Be sure to join this site so you can be sure to get every post! And follow me on Instagram and Facebook. I'd love to connect with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...