Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Mini Makeover Challenge: Our Joy His Glory


I am so excited to share this month's Mini Makeover Challenge. This month +Leslie Hale from Our Joy...His Glory took the challenge. I absolutely love what she did! Take it away, Leslie. 


Hey, y'all!  I'm Leslie from Our Joy...His Glory.  I was tickled when Amanda asked me to participate in her Mini Makeover Challenge! 

THE CHALLENGE:  Make over a space in your home without spending a dime...or a penny for that matter.

The minute I got her email about the challenge, I began to think about areas in my home that I could "fluff" with items I had on hand.  Then it donned on me...I had a bunch of half-used paints in the garage and a drab wall in my entryway that could use a little TLC.

Starting point:

We've turned our awkward entryway into a breakfast nook/school space.  We spend a lot of time in this space and it's never been quite to my liking.

A few weeks ago, I updated the gallery wall and I think I like it.  I think.

BEFORE

How to add a little pizazz to a drab wall with no money, you ask?  Add stripes!

After measuring, leveling, and taping my lines, I used the base color paint (dark gray: Valspar Wet Pavement) and painted over the tape to seal the lines and prevent the lighter color from dripping under the tape.  I found the tip on a blog and it worked wonderfully.  I ended up with perfectly straight lines and hardly any drips. If I'm lyin' I'm dyin'.

I had left-over paint (Valspar Woodlawn Snow) from my kitchen update and used it as my contrasting color.

AFTER


This little update took me just over two hours start to finish including clean-up!  How's that for a mini-makeover without spending a penny!? 

Thanks for the challenge, Amanda! 
Amazing!  I think adding the stripes was just the thing to make that space have "wow" factor. And what is more amazing is that it was achieved without spending a dime! Thanks so much, Leslie, for sharing with us today! 

If you missed last month's Mini Makeover, you can click here to see how +Nikki Cotton from Nikki's Nacs did on her challenge. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...