Tuesday, February 16, 2016

What Healthy Will Look Like For Me



Guys, I'm having a really bad day. I woke up (once again for the bazillionth time) with a horrible headache. I missed my morning workout, had zero energy, and reached for carbs for breakfast for an energy boost (in the form of a chocolate chip muffin). Not a great start to my day. 

I've been eating low carb for the past month and the last three or four days have been really hard. I've been very, very tempted to go off plan. What am I saying? I have gone off plan. Today, waking up not feeling well, missing my workout, then eating what is a no-no for me just completely put me in a funk. I'm so tired of not feeling well, tired of the constant lack of energy, the incessant headaches. When my head hurts like it does now, I really, really just want to chug a 20 ounce Mountain Dew just to get a little relief. Right now, I'm itching so bad to go the a convenience store to get that Mt. Dew that I feel like a junkie wanting a hit. Ugh!!!! I don't like feeling like this, like a beverage or a food can control me. 

Right now, I'm putting my foot down. I'm not going to let this spiral out of control like I've done in the past (i.e. eating to make myself feel better, then feeling so much guilt that I ate something bad for me, then eating again to make myself feel better from the guilt that I just had for eating to feel good the first time, then guilt again.....you get the picture.)I'm going to combat this. I'm going to war on the offensive, not the defensive. 

Making a lifestyle change over the long haul means breaking habits and making new ones. It means stopping the cycle and facing things head on. So instead of going and getting that Mt. Dew and letting the rest of my day be ruined and my choices spiraling out of control, I'm simply making this list of reasons I want to get healthy, to lose the weight I need to be at optimum health. And then I'm going to go for a walk. 



What Being at a Healthy Weight Will Look Like For Me:

1. No longer being too large to ride a roller coaster.
2. Not having to worry about knocking things over with my rear end.
3. Having the energy to play and be active with my children. 
4. Not feeling like poo every day.
5. Not being self-conscious about "being in other people's space" all the time.
6. Being able to buy clothes from any store or brand that I wish.
7. No longer paying an exorbitant amount of money on over-priced, plus-sized clothing. (I call it fat people extortion.)
8. Being able to cross my legs easily.
9. Not being embarrassed to wear a swimsuit to the beach or pool.
10. Taking more trips to the beach since I'm no longer too embarrassed to wear a swimsuit.
11. Being in the best physical shape of my life. 
12. Not snoring anymore and therefore sleeping better.
13. Having energy to accomplish my goals. (daily and long-term)
14. Being a good example to my girls.
15. Not feeling the need to wear shapewear all. the. time.
16. Being proud of myself for reaching a goal.
17. Not cringing away from physical contact because I'm embarrassed of my body.
18. No longer having the mentally draining sparring matches with my body's stupid food cravings.
19. Regular sized towel. Enough said.
20. Being comfortable in my own skin. 

Are you on a weigh loss, get-healthy journey, too? What are the things you look forward to after accomplish your goal? What will healthy look like for you? Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...