Thursday, February 18, 2016

Dear Fellow Car Line Mom



I just want to apologize for the lack of fashion prowess on my behalf during the morning car line drop off at school. It's not pretty at all and I subject you with it on a daily basis. For this I am truly sorry.

For the lack of proper day-time attire. I'm sorry. Pajama pants and hoodies do just fine in my book to get my kids to school. But Heaven forbid something happen and I have to step outside of my vehicle in said attire. It would scare everyone. (Maybe I should put forth a little more effort to dressing myself for the car line. Nah. Who am I kidding? I'll take my chances.)

For the unbrushed coif of bed head, I'm sorry. It likes to do its own thing after being slept on for a few hours and I don't have it in me to fight with it that early in the morning. I just don't.

For the don't-cross-me-I-haven't-had-my-coffee-yet look on my face, I truly apologize. I don't mean to look like a death row inmate staring down the rival prison gang leader, but my face doesn't relax until cup of coffee number one has been consumed and that usually doesn't happen until after morning car line.

 Please don't take it to heart if I don't wave at you when you pass. I'm not dissing you or trying to hurt your feelings, but it's taking all I can do not to merely grunt out one syllable words to my offspring, much less coordinate my ungainly limbs into wordless gestures of acknowledgment in your direction.

Seriously, guys. I am really, really sorry. I wish I were a morning person, but I'm not. AT ALL.

To the poor teachers and faculty who have to see me up close and personal when I drop off my two littles, bless you. You get a closer glimpse of She Who Should've Gotten Dressed and I implore you not to hold it against me. And I promise not to hold it against you when I run into you at Grocery Outlet on the weekend and you're sans makeup and in yoga pants. It'll be our little secret.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...